It's always the best choice
So, where to begin? The best place to start is with the highlight right under your nose: the Zwölferturm clock tower. It is the landmark of Sterzing and separates the new from the old town. It rises 46 metres into the sky and is meant to commemorate its founder, Duke Sigismund the “Rich in Coin”. However, you don’t have to know all about Sterzing’s history to enjoy it. Just come here. Take a look around. Find out for yourself what you like best.
Fancy a bit of sightseeing?
Sightseeing is always a good idea! Here are our top tips in Sterzing and the surrounding area:
- Zwölferturm clock tower just around the corner
- Christmas market in Sterzing, which is one of the original South Tyrolean Christmas markets
- Sterzing town hall – with a remarkable art collection
- Mining World Ridnaun Schneeberg mountain
- City Museum and Multscher Museum in the former Hospice of the Teutonic Order
- Reifenstein Castle
- Franzensfeste Fortress – with exciting permanent and special exhibitions and Infopoint on the Brenner Base Tunnel
Experience summer outdoors in South Tyrol
Rosskopf is Sterzing’s local mountain, and its cable car valley station is only a few minutes’ walk from the centre. At 2,200 metres above sea level, you have a magnificent view of the surrounding valleys from the summit. But it is not the only mountain that invites you to hike, bike, and climb. Would you like more tips?
We travel, some of us forever,
to seek other states, other lives, other souls.
Fun on the slopes and winter romance
Twenty kilometres of sunny slopes await skiers and snowboarders in the Rosskopf ski area – plus the longest illuminated toboggan run in South Tyrol, natural ice skating rinks in the surrounding area, cross-country skiing routes, winter hiking trails, ski mountain huts, and so much more. So, how about a winter holiday in Sterzing?